Monday 29 May 2023

Turnip 28 - Observation Balloon Work in progress pictures

 
I got some questions about my balloon so I thought I should post some work in progress picture from the building of it.

Im not sure about the correct english word for it but the balloon sphere is made from some kind of polystyrene I bought from a arts and craft store. I covered it all in woodglue and art wrapping paper for the texture.

The basket underneath is made out of a cardboard frame covered in a jute ribbon from an gardening store.

I then added some "rope" threads and some twisted metal wires to let it be able to "float" above in the air...

I primed it with my airbrush before painting it.




The painted model can be seen in the previus post: http://kampgruppe-engel.blogspot.com/2023/05/turnip-28-observation-balloon.html

No comments:

Post a Comment