Saturday, 16 August 2014


Here we got a real workhorse.
Loaded with loot or supplies, Im sure he will help our heroes in need.

The miniatures is from Das scharze auge.

Dammit I just got a urge to get me some more creatures...

Tuesday, 12 August 2014


New objectives/terrain pieces.

Some plastic barrels from Renadra.

Filled with beer, salty fish, apples or who knows.
But they will be important, something to battle over.

Sunday, 10 August 2014

more ehh.. loot

Here we got some more.. loot...

The tied up cow from a plastic Warhammer giant.
One of treachery chest comes from Mordheim and the other one I have no idea, its solid lead and have the weight according.

These two frogs comes from an old Warhammer Brettonia characher, the Fay Enchantress. One of the frogs/toads are one of the few miniatures left from my Brettonia army I started but didn´t continue with. The other one I bought second hand from a friends many a years ago. Its fun to finally hace them painted up after something like 7-10 years in the leadpile...
I painted their skin patterns after some toads you can find in Sweden.

Im not totally sure what rules to give them in a game but they could also just be used as a sort of terrain piece.

Saturday, 9 August 2014

Here be Gold...

After what it feels like almost a year of absence from my Treemossfantasy project its time to gear up for the Gubbpel Galore V where I will hold some games. Come by and say hello.

This is just a small start of the output I plan to give now when Im retuning the old miniature factory to "Treemossfantasy" settings.

What we see here is some kind of crystal and some small pieces of what the English call "fools gold" but I think the Swedish word for it is funnier, Kattguld meaning Cat gold.
These where kindly donated from my friend Daniel ( that will help me arrange the games in Gothenburg.
Shown here for scale is a Red Box Games dwarf waiting for some paint.
Let it be beards in Gubbspel Galore V...

Monday, 4 August 2014

Ayyubid Mamluks

I just finished this massive unit of Mamluks for my Ayyubid force. I painted all twelve of them in one batch.
It was not the most fun way to paint a unit but they do look good all together...

Some of the shields are transfers and some are painted.

Its allways such a hard thing to decide on when to stop, you can allways add another shade, wash, highlight or add more details but I think I have reached a nice standard on this unit. Things I thought about adding but didn´t was to work more with the horses and the horse tack and the bridle and so on for the horses.
But you have to draw the line somewhere, I got toons of unpainted miniatures that whants some atension to...

The minatures are a mixture of Perry Miniatures, Gripping Beast and A & A Miniatures, I put the riders on the "wrong" horses to have a greater variaty and mixture and I think it worked out fine.

Sunday, 3 August 2014

Veterans night at VÄS

Last Friday we had a Veterans night at the club, meaning only 18+ of age and alcohol admited.

I brought my French Napoleonic fleet for a game of Trafalgar a rum (for giving out extra ransons to the crew...) and some of my Death Korps of Krieg for a game of Kill Team in 40k.

Rum for the crew and Cognac for the Officers...
We played a game of Trafalgar where each player had command of one ship and we played French vs British.
We as the French had the mission to bring down the enemy flagship and the Britishs mission was to brake our fleet.

The British had a good start and the French had a realy lousy start.

By now three French ships where on fire, two of them was out of the game.
Its a bad thing to blame the dices but this game was the most extreem game of bad dicing for us an really really good for the British. We laughed about it and at one point I made a joke that the next broadside the English was about to fire would result in 3 sixes out of 4 dices, the result was four 1 but as the British goot a really really good special rules of rerolling their 1 (amongst many special rules...) and that reroll sure enough was with 3 sixes...

 We thought we had managed to corner the British flagship between the island and our guns.

French 3 class on fire resulting in a powder explosion.

The French navy was defeted. Not many ships still in action. If we had managed to just play another round things should have looked somewhat better with the British flagship would have been beached, taking damage from the rocks and a sitting target. Not that it would have made any real difference as we hadn´t enought guns left to bring.

This is a really fun way of playing Trafalgar, maybe next time each player could command two ships instead as loosing your ship early could be a litle booring. In this game that was not a problem as the French ships was set ablaze with a alarming rate.

Kill team is a adaptations for playing 200points game of 40k.
With the ever rising prices of warhammer this is a good way of playing 40k.

 Three Death Korps hold the objective (named Ilsa...) and have a nice fire possition.

 Death Riders in protection. Good thing they all have performed on horseshows...

This bike was really enoying... With Toughnes 5, 3+ armour and a 5+ Feel no pain (Special Kill team rule) Mathias did manage four Feel no pain rolls and he just didnt die...

But after enought men sent against him he finnaly got smashed in a bloody pulp.
Victory for the Death Korps in the name of the Emperor.

Kill Team is a interesting way of playing 40k and I can see me playing further games.

Thanks all for atending.