Saturday 13 August 2022

Kievan Russ

 

I have painted a large unit of Kievan Russ Vikings. As a Swede I think its mutch more interesting to look to the east and what the Vikings did there instead of the more `common´ knowledge on the Vikings that are more Anglocentric.
So here we have another unit of Kievan Russ Vikings.
The miniatures are mostly plastic Victrix and I said it before and I say it again, these are some of in not the best plastic kit Ive ever bought.
To get even more variation I have mixed in some metal miniatures, mostly from Drabant Miniatures or Gripping Beast.
I wanted a unit of Norsemen with some Slavic touches to represent the unique Kievan Russ.

Painting wise I wanted them dirty and gritty but still with lots of nice colours. 























Slava Ukraini

1 comment: