Saturday 2 April 2022

Leman Russ Tank Company

 

For a rather long time now I have painted a large number of Leman Russ battle tanks that I have collected for some times now. This have to be one of my largest batch-paintings and in particular to this painting standard.

These are a rather odd collection of tanks that most of them are converted or with added extra bits to make them unique or to add extra character.

They follows the paint schemes of my Solar Auxilia in a somewhat historical scheme of Soviet WW2 colours with some added liberties and extra scifi-ing...

There are a lot of hours in these vehicles from the converting and magnetisations, the airbrush work, the acrylics, the oilpaints and washes and finally the griming, rust effects and pigments and mudd. Oh and the extra crew. But I loved every minute of it...

It might not be a complete Tank Company with just 7 Leman Russes but I have some more that might need to be updated to this painted standard.
And I have some more that I bought second hand over some times that didnt make it in this batch so Im afraid I soon could actually field a correct Tank Company...


Enough waffling, here are the pictures...






















An extra Veletaris with a Cossack head from Puppets Wars for that extra character.

The Tank Commander is from Raging Heroes and is pinned to a hole in the turret that also can be used for mounting a Hunter Killer missile or something else.













And a small nameplate in blue with yellow text with an Ukrainian name, just because.





Here are the extra weaponry I painted in this batch. All with magnets or with small pins so I can change around on the tanks.






On morning this week there were still snow from the night that the spring sun hadn't caught  yet so I just had to get some thematic pictures...










 
 

3 comments: