Wednesday 5 April 2023

Solar Auxilia - Armoured support

 

I gave the armoured might of my Solar Auxilia some more love. These are not newly bought or newly painted tanks but they were not painted to this standard before and I wanted to add some levels of details on them.
For these I gave them all an oil wash and gave them a "buff" highlight and gave some turrent weapons plasma or volkite glow

 






Here we have one of the two older Leman Russ hulls thats been given a FW turret and some greenstuffed/pressmoulded bits to raise its standard. Both these two older Leman Russ hulls were bought second hand many many years ago and I think its fun that they have found a home in my collection.


Second of the older Leman Russ hulls, this vehicle was given an old metal Autocannon weaponry, making it somewhat front heavy.


Here are some extra turret weapons for swapping around.

In the same batch as the Leman Russes I also gave these artillery wagons some love.
As with the Russes I gave them an light oilwash and a drybrush of buff to give them greater depth.
Unfortunately they are really bad in this edition, costing way to much and doing far less then previous edition.
But what I hate most about them is that the Medusa mortar is almost exactly the same stat and rules as the eathshaker variant, the largest difference is the range. Making the medusa mortars really stupid to use. Atleast they look cool, but I think they will never see the gaming table in this edition.
 



2 comments: