Thursday 2 June 2022

Alpha Legion Sicaran tank company

 

Yeah... so this post will be a real picturespam... Because I just love the Sicaran tank.


I have for at least four years now collected Sicaran tanks for my Alpha Legions and with a new edition of Horus heresy lurking right around the corner it was really time to paint up the collection.
Most of them was painted before or atleast was half painted but a lot of time was now put in to raising the standard of them.
And I painted the last stages of them in this batch painting to get them all to look equal.

I am really pleased of the end results on them

Paintingwise I went for a mixture of inspirations on these tanks. I looked at British early ww2 desert counter camouflage but with totally different colours, with markings and such.
They are painted in many many layers with different stages and lots of masking tape.




















The rockets are colourcoded to represent different types of ammunitions.








For the tank destroyers I ended up with a heat distorted barrel ends on the muzzle brakes.
At first my plan was to paint some kind of scifi, bright colours with my airbrush but Im glad I instead went with a more down to earth muted variant effect that still adds charachter. The pintle mounted melta weaponry have their heat shields painted in this style to.



















All the sponsons are magnetised so I can switch around, some are weaponised and some are just regular bases to be used when I dont want to pay the extra points for sponsons.

Here are a close up on the pintle weapons I did in this batch


1 comment: