Sunday 29 January 2023

"White Scars" vs Salamanders, 30k AAR

 

I played a game of Horus Heresy, 30k.
My "White Scars", Alpha Legionaries in White Scars colours faced Salamanders.








Lots of dakka...


Heavy infantry...


Alpha legion Recon marines in World Eaters colours lured a Contemptor into the ruins.


The Recon marines did some damage but the Contemptor survived their meltabombs.


The Outriders reacts and moves back as the Salamanders terminator advances.

 
 After a wall of fire the Outriders closes in with close combat weapons.


The Salamanders fired and my whole Veteran squad was wiped as an reaction to me issuing a charge order.
I knew it was a bad idea to try to charge them but standing still and take a round of regular fire was not an option...


As a last ditch effort or mostly just for fun, to die in glory I used the Alpha legion special reaction of smoke and mirrors and pushed the last 3 bikes forward bypassing the bolterpigs and would face the anti tank guns...
None of the bikes survived being hit by the anti tank guns...


In the end I just had my Delegatus and the last Veteran squad left and in my turn I called it quit. Their were no way to change the course of the battle. Better to pull back and fight another day...



It was a great game and I really felt that I play these games far to seldom. You forget the rules when not playing so often hopefully I can get to play more often in the future.


In this game I really felt that I needed more ap2 weaponry. Terminators, Dreadnoughts and the special troops of the Salamanders are a tough nut to crack. Bolt guns or Heavy bolters are clearly not enough...


No comments:

Post a Comment