Tuesday 2 July 2024

High elf great eagles


Next out for my growing repainted High elf army is a pair of Great Eagles.
The miniatures are from Gamezone Miniatures. http://www.gamezoneminiatures.com/tienda/en/ Im not sure if they are still in business but their website seems to be up and running.

The sculpts must be at least 20years by now. I remember when I first saw them and they were so far ahead of any competitor or the GW eagles that was available then.
These are manufactured just a couple of years ago but they have been unpainted for far to long still. So it feels good to finally give them the love they deserve.
I still think they are the best eagles sculpts on the market.

Painting wise I wanted to have a white or gray eagle and is heavily inspired by the White-bellied sea eagle.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-bellied_sea_eagle
Its not a direct copy as I wanted to have more blue tones in my gray to tie it more into my other force.

Im really happy with the end result.











1 comment: