Thursday 1 November 2018

Avarii XI, part 1 Horus Heresy 30k




This is the first part from the Avarii XI event.

It was a Horus Heresy event held in Malmö, Sweden during the weekend of 27-28th October.





First up my Solar Auxilia http://kampgruppe-engel.blogspot.com/2018/10/solar-auxilia-army-for-avarii-horus.html
would be facing Kim Sandbergs Mechanicum.
Those big robots of the Mechanicum is always something to respect.





 Just look at that handsome dude...

After the initial panic of all those big mechanical killing machines I took a deep breath and  decided to play for mission objective. We got points for each round that our troops started 3" from an objective. I would have to relocate some troops from a bad deployment and deny him to stand on the objective.
The main plan was to sit tight on my objectives and take out the three units of Thallaxes that was his only troops able to score the objectives.

One of the cornerstone in my army for this tactics would be the lovely Medusas, being able to fire barrage with St10, I would be overkilling his multiwound Thallaxes that was his scouring units.




The robotic flyer drops a couple of hullpoints of my Super heavy siege tank.

My own much smaller robotics advances, their initial plan was to hunt enemy Thallaxes but the regular humans had dealt with that problem. My Thallaxes would be needed to pick a fight with robots much larger them themselves.

These massive robots hold his backline.
I just love these models, they look really cool.

The Dragosan has taken up an flanking position to engage some Castellaxes. I needed to start chipping away all those wounds on the robots.

Robotic flyer over my lines shooting anti-tank haywire weaponry...

The traitorous Mechanicum had managed to take out my Superheavy siege tank, resulting in an explosion that spread on top my command squad.




The turn before my Velitaris had dismounted from their Dracosan transport so I would have two units ontop of the point generating objective.
But I noticed that the enemy flying robotic thingy was close by for some Volkite fire. The Velitaris shot at it, resulting in a wound and the robot fell to the ground I was able to charge it with krak grenade.
And the tiny humans had taken out the flying menace.

The Castellaxes with Darkfire cannons inflicted the last hullpoints on my Malcador Infernus tank resulting in an massive explosion, this time no one was hit by shrapnel.



But that was not enough to stop the Solar Auxilia...
I managed to pull a win here by holding my objectives, giving me points each turn and deny my opponent from gaining his.

Victory for the Loyalists.





Here under are some pictures from other peoples games taken between rounds.














During lunch we left the miniatures on the tables, here are my pictures from some of the other armies. 















 













All these are reinforcement options to call in if you feel you need a little extra help.
Each side could only call in them once so when they were gone they were gone.




AAR Part 2 of Avarii XI: https://kampgruppe-engel.blogspot.com/2018/11/avarii-xi-part-2-horus-heresy-30k.html

Part 3 of Avarii XI: https://kampgruppe-engel.blogspot.com/2018/11/avarii-xi-part-3-horus-heresy-30k.html

Part 4 of Avarii XI: https://kampgruppe-engel.blogspot.com/2018/11/avarii-xi-part-4-horus-heresy-30k.html 

Part 5 of Avarii XI: https://kampgruppe-engel.blogspot.com/2018/11/avarii-xi-part-5-horus-heresy-30k.html 

2 comments: