Saturday 3 November 2018

Avarii XI, part 3 Horus Heresy 30k, Titanicus playtest



This is part 3 from Avarii XI, an Horus Heresy event held in Malmö, Sweden.

I traded my third game for the chance to playtest Titanicus.
I have never seen the game on the table and I dont even think Ive seen a whole game on youtube ether so it would be fun to see how it works.

It was an interesting game where you constantly have to check your shield and reactor values.
Interesting mechanics with the ability to give special orders or press you titans to the limit. But pressing it to hard could result in the titans machine spirit taking over and doing its own thing.
It was nice to have a game with each player activating a Titan before next player is given the chance instead of the more classic GW use of first my whole army and then your whole army..
The Titans really felt large and clunky. I got a feel for the size of these things.
The game felt more like a game of large battleships then a basic miniature game on land.

For this game I took the control of a Traitor Warhound Titan to get a feel for the game.
And it surprised me how easy it was to just have one miniature under control and the rest under my buddies control but still felt that I had a game.



My Warhound scout titan making an flanking manoeuvre behind some ruins.

Our knight support banner took a beating and is down on its last knight.

The knight is rushing to the enemy lines to extract revenge. My Warhound can be seen coming out of its flanking move.

Enemy Reaver Titan in sight. Our Warlord Titan had softened it up and my Warhound had fired at it as well, it was heavy damaged with no shields left.
And our brave knight is closing in...

Enemy Warhound titan making a rush between our Titans, by doing this it managed to move out our slow moving titans firing archs. Sneaky tactic that worked wonders.

Our brave knight managed to take out the damaged Reaver titan with its auto-battlecannon. Unfortunately the damage result from this meant that the massive behemoth fell forward and the small knight were taken out in a cloud of dust, shrapnel and larger pieces of Reaver Titan.

In the end we lost our Warlord titan and my Warhound titan amongst others and our enemy managed to get a whooping victory for the Loyalist side. 

Overall Im impressed. I really didnt want to start another project and felt that I could pass this up. But having tried it I could see my self starting a small Titan force with just a pair of Warhounds and a couple of Knights.
This is no project I will start anytime soon but it is not totally of the charts any more.






I took a small walk to the Warhammer 40k tournament held at the same event.
Here are some armies that took my attention.

Dirty or damaged Eldar, you hardy ever sees this. Would be fun for this to be more common.

An aircav army supported by an Super heavy tank destroyer. Looks nice

Interesting choice of miniatures, Solar Auxilia riflemen with breaching shields.


Super heavy tanks seems to be the way to go. Here with some nice infantry, they look like they are from Anvil industry. http://anvilindustry.co.uk/


 Nice desert theme on the army.


Some nice knights. And some small cadian infantry for what I guess rule wise is for Command Point hoarding. A little to inconsistent with all the different colours on the knights but individually they look good.




Part 1 of Avarii XI: https://kampgruppe-engel.blogspot.com/2018/11/avarii-xi-part-1-horus-heresy-30k.html

Part 2 of Avarii XI: https://kampgruppe-engel.blogspot.com/2018/11/avarii-xi-part-2-horus-heresy-30k.html

Part 4 of Avarii XI: https://kampgruppe-engel.blogspot.com/2018/11/avarii-xi-part-4-horus-heresy-30k.html

Part 5 of Avarii XI:
https://kampgruppe-engel.blogspot.com/2018/11/avarii-xi-part-5-horus-heresy-30k.html

No comments:

Post a Comment