Monday 29 April 2019

30k AAR - 1500pts Centurion Pre-Lincon, Iron Warriors vs Alpha Legion



Some members of the Dirty K gaming group will attend the Centurion - Horus Heresy event at Lincon. I think it might be a little to far to travel for a one day event so I will pass this one.
But we held a small Pre-Lincon event this weekend where we tried out lists and just used it as an excuse for a small get together really.

I have painted some new miniatures lately that are untested and I wanted to try out some different ideas of units. This army may lacks any really good synergies and each unit mostly fight its own fight. Hardly the best list that can be but together but I hoped it would be a fun one.

The main theme would be to use the counter assault mutual tactics of the Alpa Legion.
The Recon Marines got defensive grenades and the Breacher unit shields count as defensive grenades.
My Vigilator HQ is a small scouting character that will boost the Terminators to give them a lot of sneaky sneaky ability. For the real close combat the Vigilator suck but I hope my Terminator sergeant will make up for this with his thunder hammer...

The list is made with the additional restriction from the Lincon event so may differ from standard Centurion rules.

++ Fan Made - Centurion (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [1500pts] ++

+ HQ +

Vigilator [100pts]: Bolt Pistol, On Foot, Power Dagger, Refractor Field, Scout Armour
. Consul: Vigilator

+ Elites +

Apothecarion Detachment [65pts]
. Apothecary, Legion: Artificer Armour, Power Armour, Power Sword

Terminator Squad, Legion [325pts]: Banestrike Bolter Shells, Tartaros Pattern Terminator Armour
. Terminator Sergeant, Legion: Combi-Bolter, Power Dagger, Thunder Hammer
. Terminators, Legion: Chainfist, Heavy Flamer
2x Terminators, Legion: Chainfist, Combi-Bolter
3x. Terminators, Legion: Combi-Bolter, Power Fist


+ Troops +

Breacher Siege Squad, Legion [255pts]: 9x Breacher Siege Space Marines, Legion
. Additional Wargear: 2x Meltagun
. Breacher Siege Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolter, Power Fist

Reconnaissance Squad, Legion [205pts]: Power Armour, 9x Space Marines, Legion
. Chainsword or Combat Blade: Combat Blade
. Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Power Dagger, Power Fist, Space Marine Shotgun

Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [245pts]: 14x Tactical Space Marines, Legion
. Additional Wargear: Additional Chainswords/Combat Blades, Vexilla, Legion
. Tactical Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolter, Power Dagger, Power Fist

+ Fast Attack +

Javelin Attack Speeder Squadron, Legion [130pts]
. Javelin Attack Speeder, Legion: Multi-melta, Twin-linked Cyclone missile launcher
. Javelin Attack Speeder, Legion: Multi-melta, Twin-linked Cyclone missile launcher

+ Heavy Support +

Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron, Legion [175pts]
. Vindicator Tank, Legion: Armoured Ceramite, Combi-Bolter, Demolisher Cannon, Dozer Blade, Extra Armour, Machine Spirit

Legion and Allegiance:  XX: Alpha Legion, Traitor
++ Total: [1500pts] ++
Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)




I didnt take that much pictures from the event but here are some.


For the first game I would play against Olofs Iron Warriors. We were a bit lacy and didnt look after a mission pack for the Lincon event but instead randomized a mission from the main rulebook.

We came up with War of Lies with an Hammer and Anvil deployment.



Olof had won the dice for deploying first and starting, and I didnt manage to seize the initiative. He had a really shooty army so I would be forced to advance under heavy enemy fire...

Olof tried to drill his way into my Vindicator and my 15man bolterpig squad... In my turn I enveloped the drill with basic marines and applied krack grenades to it and it was destroyed...
And with that his 10 man bolterpig squad inside and his HQ...
Learning is fun...
I dont think he will try exactly that idea any time again...

Under fire from his missile launcher terminators my Vigilators had lead the Terminator squad far up the board inside a ruined building...

My Vindicator had started to engage the enemy 10man heavy Volkite team, their spread out line and the cover from the ruin saved them from most casualties.




His Terminators wanted to charge my Terminators and my remaining troops met them with defensive fire... Four sixes on on six dices, and re rolling to hit for combi bolters resulting in six hits of six possible...
I counted wound any of his troops with the to wound roll but still...
Olof failed the charge distance and no close combat was initiated. I thing they must have been hesitant to close the distance with the amount of accurate fire I put up. 

My Vindicator opened fire against the enemy Terminators and the a small hole in their unit was the result, this resulted in an V shaped formation on the survivors.


The enemy returned fire and took out my Vindicator with their tank hunting missile launchers...

My 10 man Recon squad was met with heavy Volkite fire from a far away tower and was suddenly down to two men that fled the field.

I had charged his terminators with was left of mine. My Thunder hammer sergeant was really good and won the challenge against the enemy sergeant. But the rest of my miniatures was totally worthless and didnt inflict any casualties on the enemy. And they and my hq were all cut down from chain fists and power fists.
In the end we both held two objectives and I think we had inflicted equal amount of unit kills, it would be the result of the roll for the points of "war of lies" objectives to win the game.

In the end the Iron Warriors was victorious and I was beaten...


And a picture from the Ultra Marines vs Mechanicus game of Erik and Daniel.


No comments:

Post a Comment