Saturday 21 October 2017

Avarii VII game 1, Solar Auxilia vs Salamanders


My first game would be against Salamanders commanded by a very nice chap with the name Anders Nordenskjöld. He played with lots of meltas and flamers as you might expect.

The heavy flamers are especially nasty for the Solar Auxilia as the added strength to the weapons for Salamanders meant that all my infantry got instant killed and with no armour or cover save this could hurt... alot...
A couple of objectives was deployed and each force along the long edges of the board.

My army did good and I was happy, but it was not enough.
I had trouble to shoot out all that armour and when I had finally almost had done it I had real trouble with his heavy hitters that just walked through my line like a hot knife through butter.
My Lord Marshal managed to push away a lone unit of tactical but that was about all the counter attack I could muster...
All those armour with the heavy hitters and all those flamers made me play more defensibly then what I maybe should have to capture more objectives in the end. But I was far to concern to try to stay alive then crossing the nomans land into enemy flamers...

A big thanks to Anders for a great game.



















No comments:

Post a Comment