Sunday 17 February 2013

Rune stones





One thing I am really lacking in this project is fitting terrain. On simple way to get the right feeling was to get me some rune stones from Fenris Games.
http://www.fenrisgames.com/shop.html#!/~/category/id=2202358&offset=10&sort=nameAsc
Damn quick service and very nice prices for such a nice terrain piece. Highly recommended.
I painted them lightly gray and gave them bases to make them more stable on the gaming table.

 

One really funny thing with these rune stones are that Fenris Games made them after real Swedish rune stones. Always nice when a manufacturer make that little extra effort.

6 comments:

  1. I'm tempted to get theses for use with my 40mm vikings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking very good, might have to need one or two...

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh those are really nice.

    i feel kinda daft now for having made my own
    http://excommunicatetratoris.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/making-space-wolf-objective-markers.html

    ah well, live and learn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... I like to make my own stuff, but these seem rather nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to say that thanks to your post, I found this seller on eBay and ordered up some ruins so I can do a centerpiece for the Saga scenario Sacred Ground. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete