Monday, 4 August 2014
I just finished this massive unit of Mamluks for my Ayyubid force. I painted all twelve of them in one batch.
It was not the most fun way to paint a unit but they do look good all together...
Some of the shields are transfers and some are painted.
Its allways such a hard thing to decide on when to stop, you can allways add another shade, wash, highlight or add more details but I think I have reached a nice standard on this unit. Things I thought about adding but didn´t was to work more with the horses and the horse tack and the bridle and so on for the horses.
But you have to draw the line somewhere, I got toons of unpainted miniatures that whants some atension to...
The minatures are a mixture of Perry Miniatures, Gripping Beast and A & A Miniatures, I put the riders on the "wrong" horses to have a greater variaty and mixture and I think it worked out fine.