Thursday 21 March 2013

Norsemen kitbashing

I havn´t seen anyone doing this but thought that it could be done, kitbashing Gripping Beast excelent plastic Hirdmen with Conquest Games Norman infantry.

The plan is (besides giving me some more cheep miniatures) to create something that could be used to represent Norsmen Gestir troops.
Statvise they will be someting in between Hirdmen and Bondi but more about that when they are painted.






And I found a use for all those extra arms from Wargames Factory... to help me in my kitbashing.

I think they turned out rather nice but things to have in mind is that Gripping beasts necks are on the torsos and Conquests are on their head.
I covered the joints with some liquid greenstuff after I used the shoulder parts from the left over arms as the neck.

Hope it can inspire you to test something diffrent.

6 comments:

  1. I've actually done that, but haven't ever showed it. You did a good job kit bashing, its alot of fun doing. I think GBP's new Dark Ages figs will help even more in the variety looking forward to kit bashing them also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.

      Oh yes, that comming box of plastic Dark Age warriors will be nice. Expect to see them here in the future...

      Delete
  2. Nice. Kitbashing seems really fun. Also nice to see how the kits fit togheter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it...
      Unfortinutly not any fitting ones for The Great Northern War.
      But maybe Perrys - War of the Roses mixed with something to try to bring it back in time some years for you 100years war.

      Delete
  3. I have a box of them, with the intention to make them into a bondi unit for WAB, until Martin Gibbins told me on a forum that GB's plastics were coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah my first thought was the same, but GB will fill that slot themself. Thats why Im leening to something between Hirdmen and Bondi.
      Mixing a couple of these and some lead miniatures will of course create greater mix in the unit.

      Delete