Saturday 25 May 2013

Kushite warband



These were a pure joy to paint. 
They are quick to paint and still give a unit fit for a tabletop.
A brown primer and color for their weapons and clothes followed by two different washes, a highlight and lastly their white war paint. 
I painted the war paint last because I didn´t want the washes to delude the white color, I wanted the white color to be somewhat different from the colors I painted the miniatures with.


 
The miniatures are from Warlord Games and I really like the scrawny appearance they give, something about that makes them come to life.


These are my last Kushite miniatures from my Lead pile and I am wondering what I should get next for them.
Im thinking on getting more archers of the same type I previously painted to this tribe but Im also thinking on getting them some more elite, guard type of miniatures. Warlord Games doesn’t do any guard type of Kushite so one option would be to paint the shields, clothes and the warpaint somewhat different but I think it would be more fun to try to find some other companies miniatures to add to my Kushite collection. Im thinking on maybe looking at old Egyptian miniature lines and try to find some that could fit.
Any one got any good ideas that would be much appreciated, thanks.


This time I went for a Zebra. :) 

3 comments:

  1. Nice! You really put some effort into these warbands, I only wish you'd put your bigger creatures on bases, they don't look so fninished as the rest of the models now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greate work !!!

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look very savage - nice!!

    Frank
    Vhttp://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete