Sunday 21 April 2013

Khwarizmians DBA IV/24



خوارزمشاهیان
Yeah thats right, Khwarizmians in DBA IV/24

My gaming club (VÄS - Växjö Spelförening) have chosen to game a DBA campaign and chosen Mongol terror as the theme of it and this is the army I will play in it.
In the real world the Khwarazmian Empire got soundly beaten by the Mongols but we will see if I can give them some payback on a tabletop.




The miniatures are from Essex. And they are surprisingly good, I really thought they would look like crap, how wrong I was. Ok ok, they don’t match up to my Russians from Mirlitons but not close behind.
I really thought that as Essex are one of the great old companies the sculpts would be all up to yesterdays standard but with bad moulds by now... I was totaly wrong, I really like them and am already considering my next army...

For painting I went with a kind of “easter egg” theme, lots of bright colors. I wanted these to really stand out on the battlefields in comparison with horse tribes brown and medieval Europe brown armies…



The banners are from varies pictures I found on the net, scaled down to fit my miniatures and then printed on paper and then some extra colors from my brush.









My Khwarizmians will strike fear in my opponents, or at least look good trying to do it.

15 comments:

  1. Lovely paintjob! The bright colours really bring them to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are absolutely stunning, I look forward to facing them on the field of battle. (Where I will bash them heavily before making a tributary of them) :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! The nice thing about an army like this: no matter how badly you lose, you can't do any worse than the actual Khwarizmians did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Great use of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic looking minis, colors are really impresive!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful array of vivid colours, a stunning unit Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful painting, love the colours and the flags!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great army! Wonderful paintjob!
    Regards
    derFigurenschieber

    ReplyDelete
  9. My first visit to this blog spot. I'm very impressed with this Khwarazmian army: beautifully finished. I like the bright colours - in my view 'bright' beats 'realism' any day! But with this army the colours add to a sense of Middle Eastern romance.
    Cheers,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks all. Its warming.

    I really like the overall effect of all those colors. I have yet to test them in the fields of tabletopp battles but Im sure they will smite all my opponents. (Im looking at you Toshiro...)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow .. i like the little army ,
    so cool toys ..(:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Great use of colors . thanks for sharing !!

    ReplyDelete