Wednesday 8 August 2012

Review - Capitan miniatures Genderarmerie


Review - Capitan miniatures Genderarmerie

Genderarmerie à pied and Genderarmerie à cheval from Capitan Miniatures. 28mm French Napoleonic troops.



I just got these miniatures and I haven’t found a lot of pictures on them so I thought I could get some photo up. Maybe it can make someone else happy.
Before I got these I tough it could be a little fun to add a little more character to my Napoleonic collection and by getting miniatures from a little less miniature maker it would add a new flavor. And its always funnier to support the little companies.

Size comparison Victrix, Capitan, Perrys

The miniatures them self match Perrys and Victrix in size but are a little heftier. They will be perfect for my rugged, tough veteran image I’m after.
 

Size comparison Victrix, Capitan, Perrys

The horses are somewhere in between Victrix and Perrys plastic cavalry but the mounted troops seems to have a little special posture when they ride. Nothing that’s bugs me.


All in all Im am very happy with these and Im sure they will add a colorful flavor to my French army.
Im not totally sure how to use them with the Black Powder rules that I use for Napoleonic battles but Im thinking of using them as a tough veteran skirmishing force. They will strike fear in any Spanish Guerrilla or guarding the route into Russia.

And this is how they ended upp all painted up. 
Genderarmerie à pied 
Genderarmerie à cheval 

No comments:

Post a Comment