Tuesday 14 October 2014

Ayyubid Warlord


After last battle of Hail Caesar it was obvious that I needed more commanders. The army was just to cumbersome to move about.

So here we got a new mounted commander to lead my Ayyubids in battle.
The miniatures are from Gripping Beast but the dark painted horse is from Magister Militums fantasy lines. Its got a little gooky, "my little pony" kind of look but I think by painting it really dark I got away from it rather good I think.
The standard is a new try, its a transfer on a tinfoil primed white. I think it looks great, I haven’t decided yet if I think it was a little pricy because at the same time you got a number of banner transfers on that sheet.

I tried to include more of the colours of white and red.
Atleast on the banner bearer.











6 comments:

  1. Oh that looks simply awesome, sir! Love the banner, and the horse pose is truly excellent. If I was your opponent I'd certainly spend too much time marvelling at your command stand and not so much as to what your rank and file were up to :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a thing of beauty, what a wonderful stand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, love the drama you've captured here. What a beautiful flag too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice work on the command stand! The flag really looks great, and I'd expect it's also a lot easier to bend the flag into a realistic shape compared to paper flags.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice indeed.I like the islamic propaganda-banner very much! :) Did you print it yourself or bought from a shop? The scale is quite accurate.

    ReplyDelete