Sunday 19 December 2021

Solar Auxilia Household Retinue Veletaris Storm Section with power axes

 

Yeah thats a long name for a unit...
I just added a dedicated unit representing a Household Retinue of Veletaris Storm Section with power axes to my Solar Auxilia.


These Veletaris is converted to look extra fancy to especially represent a Household Retinue unit.

Ive added the top parts from Napolenic helmets, French cuirassiers from plastic Perry miniatures.

They were given new fancy halberds by adding the top parts from plastic halberds from Fireforge Games to their regular power axes.
https://fireforge-games.com/weapons/301-halberds-type-2-24pcs.html

The sergeant or rather the Prime which is the correct title as well as one of his men are given new heads. As my Solar Auxilia is eastern-Europe themed I found some really nice looking cossack heads that would be perfect for my project.
https://puppetswar.eu/cossack-heads.html

And I added a pelt over one of the arms in greenstuff.

Im really happy how they turned out converting wise. They look really unique.



For painting I wanted to have a down to earth muted colours but still have some bling.
So muted, "boring" colours but with some metallics and some fancy helmets and nice weapons.
I wanted the power axes to really shine and tested a new technique, instead of my more regular enhanced nmm I went for a more electric edge idea. I didnt totally nail it but could be interesting to experiment further with this idea.

For the pelt I first thought about painting it like a leopardskin but my friend Johan told me to paint it like a stoat fur. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoat
And I glad he mentioned it as I dont think Ive ever seen it on a miniature before.

Yeah this dude might not be totally sane but he looks like he can chop up some traitors atleast...











The Prime in all his glory, nice haircut, powerfist and a volkite





2 comments:

  1. Great looking bunch of nutters. I like the added touch of the Cossack heads and cuirassiers helmet decorations.

    ReplyDelete