Monday 16 January 2012

French and Indian War, FIW

French and Indian War.
" The French and Indian War is the common American name for the war between Great Britain and France in North America from 1754 to 1763. In 1756, the war erupted into the world-wide conflict known as the Seven Years' War and thus came to be regarded as the North American theater of that war."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_and_Indian_War








Ever since I saw the movie "The Last of the Mohicans" I have been somewhat interested in the French and Indian war. I think its an exciting era that’s offer a lot for a tabletop game.

You get it all, fancy uniforms colorful in all its glory, sneaky ambushes, grand linear battles, sieges and skirmishes.





The thing that really got me into this, the drop that spilled over the cup, so to speak, was when I saw Dalaupprors really nice Indians from his American war of independents project.
Do check them out.

When saw those I knew I had to get me some Indians…

I eventually dicided to go at 15mm as I thought it would be easier and quicker to paint.
And I bought a couple of miniatures from Blue Moon if I remember correctly.
This has been a (another…) sideproject for some time now but I think its time for them to be seen here from now on.

2 comments:

  1. Last of the Mohicans is what made me start with F&IW as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. haden´t seen this post, thaks for the nice comments:)

    How did it go, did you ever ge a project going?

    I acctually have FIW project in the pipelien, at least if Santa have read my wishlist:)

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete