Tuesday 8 August 2017

Dropzone Commander AAR, Shaltari vs PHR


Some weeks ago I played a game of Dropzone Commander with my friend Stefan, it was really ages since I played this game and with my Shaltaris since last time so it was good to dust of the miniatures.

We played the Survey and Control scenario.
I wanted a little different table so I forced Stefan to play on a board with a big river across the table. With skimmers and dropships this should really not be such an obstacle and be a nice touch.





I didnt want to take to many risks with gates being so expensive nowadays so I think I started to move a little to safe early in the game.
The PHR (Post Human Republic) was much quicker then me gathering up objective points from buildings and I would have to kick in another gear in an attempt to close in on him.
I had deployed a unit of Firebird gunships and dropped a concentration of heavy walkers to really pommel the enemy. 

Those Firebirds were really nasty, as the heavy walkers took out enemy AA the Firebirds were given free range with their close range shooting and damn... these are sooo much better then the other variants of the gunship its not even funny...

I used some sneaky Shaltari redeployments shenanigans and had a Jaguar all of the sudden on the non contested bridge. I failed to take advantage of this little push and my smaller gates didnt advance aggressively enough to really deploy infantry to search troughs the buildings on the opposite side of the river.

In the end my opponent had taken grievous losses and I only slight but he had captured more points from the buildings. 


On the flank with the smaller bridge I managed to defend my bank and thus could control a Focal Point giving me some much needed points.

In the last moment I managed to use a small Haven gate to contest a Focal Point I had failed to contest with military vehicles.

12-12 in VPs, PHR have more Intels. Shaltari are controlling one FP uncontested! PHR controlling another FP but Shaltari are contesting it with Havens!

A good game of Dropzone Commander, they usually are...


Shaltari moves out.
Infantry search buildings, the Firebirds hides behind a building as the heavy walkers starts to deploy.


My heavy firebase of walkers. Looking down the bridge with the enemy on the other side.
 
 
















 Jaguar heavy walker redeployed through a gate.

 Firebirds moves out...

Enemy infantry storms the bridge and the pumping station searching for intel.

 The PHR uses a command card to protect his hq from the Shaltari gunlines.


The Shaltari in the river is actually inside the small house on the bridge searching through the basement and the underside of the bridge for intel.
I had made a sneaky move of moving in infantry to all the building close to it to hinder the enemy enter any of them without giving me a chance to take them out.

 One Jaguar heavy walker is taken out.



 A small Haven gates uses the river for protection and manages to keep itsealf inside the range for contesting a Focal point.


1 comment:

  1. WoooooW! City is awesome!
    Thank You for that great looking report!

    ReplyDelete