Saturday 12 November 2022

Alpha Legion Despoiler Squad




So this is going to be a photobombing...

I have painted a unit of Despoilers for my Alpha Legions.
And i wanted to try out some new ideas now in the new edition when some weaponstats have changed.
I have given two members heavy chainswords, not because I think they will be really good compare to just a pistol and a regular chainsword but I like that I can mix in some in a squad. And I wanted to try out the new rules for powerlances so two members were given spears.
The Sergeant were also given a powerlance, and a backup powerdagger in case he faces armoursave 2+ opponents. Given the Sergeant two weapons might be a bit of to expensive overkill but it was fun, and for the rule of cool...
I dont see any great synergies with mixing heavy chainswords in a unit with some powerlances, they seems to be used at different types of targets, but it seemed cool...

The miniatures are the new mark VI marines from the Horus Heresy startbox but with additional bits such as resin bits on the Sergeant, ccw and boltpistols from I think its mark VII marines ? (basic 40k marines), the spears are bayonets attached on a plastic spear with pinning. One of the heavy chainsword is from a 40k Chaos marine biker.

Paintingwise I went for a dirty look with an armour of metallic teal, some more green or more blue then some. I wanted a small variation in the unit. I painted small markings in white and even gave the member with the Vexilia a transfer.









 





























And just for funzies... I used some florescent colours on some details to make them shine under UV light...






1 comment: