Friday 24 May 2024

Solar Auxilia Aethon Heavy Sentinel

 

I have painted the new Aethon Heavy Sentinel for my Solar Auxilia and it was a really fun miniature to paint, and Im really tempted to get another just for the paining alone.

I wanted a really gritted and veteran looking vehicle, that have been out in the fields a lot. I wanted it to look old and used. And I think it turned out great.

Rulewise Im not that sure... It can take a beating with T6 and 2+ save but with BS of 3 it cant hardly hit the enemy in standard basic human fashion.
It feels like its really under equipped, the cost to upgrade the weapons I feel is to mutch for a weapon that miss half of the time. Maybe they should have upgraded the weapons to the Gravis variants for the extra attacks.

But I really like the look of the new Heavy Sentinel, its one chunky boy.













Here we have the extra weapons that you can switch around with.

Here we have it in a anti tank role with four hunterkiller missiles and with the new melta lance.






Here we have my Aethon Heavy Sentinel supporting some Veletaris, shown together here for scale.





No comments:

Post a Comment