Wednesday 14 August 2024

Australopithecus jungle hunt, Palaeo diet: Eat or be eaten AAR

 

My daughter asked me to play a tabletop game and it was ages since we played a game but I had a game in mind that I wanted to play with the kids.
I wanted to show Palaeo Diet: Eat or be eaten.
Its a game from from Ganesha games that I have played some times but it was some time ago so I was a bit rusty about the rules.
You as a player decides how many dices you want to try to activate your miniatures with but with each fail the game reacts, making for a interesting "intelligence" of the other miniatures in the game.
It can be found on their site: https://www.ganeshagames.net/product_info.php?cPath=1_59&products_id=328
Its a nice stone age themed hunting game that I really recommend.

I wanted the game to be set some millions years ago in a jungle in Africa, following a group of our earliest ancestors. Something like a group of Australopithecine, relatives to the famous "Lucy" fossil.

More pictures of the miniatures that will represent our hunter group can be found here: http://kampgruppe-engel.blogspot.com/2023/06/simians.html


We each took control of 2 hunters and had 3 herd grazers placed at the middle of the table that we needed to hunt down to give our tribe a feast.


A hunter is sneaking through the bushes to get close to its prey...


In the distance one of our members runs to get around the prey. Our plan was to try to surround the prey so they wouldn't be able to escape.


The hunters closes in...



First prey has fallen, wounded by a spear and after it started to run away one of the hunter finished it of with a club.

A second grazer is felled.

The last grazer is hit by a throwing spear and it reacts by attacking one of our hunters that was trying to sneak up to it from behind.

But the grazer was then felled by a mighty wooden club.


A successful hunt and all the members of the tribe rejoiced...
A feast wait us tonight...


2 comments:

  1. Great-looking game! I've got Palaeo Diet on my harddrive awaiting play, and a baggie of those Lucid Eye Simians packed away somewhere.

    ReplyDelete