Tuesday 20 March 2018

Work in progress - Militias 30k, Bionic desert raiders

I started another (yes yes I know another...) side projekt.
And this one is even more stupid then all the rest...


A friend and I have talked about a small militia side project for Horus Heresy, 30k.
We decided to build small militia forces for some hot milita on militia action...

Besides costing way to much for an side project it is really time consuming with all the conversion that it will take to create the miniature in my mind.

The theme for the army will be a sort of Sci-fi Tuareg force with lots of bionic parts, scavenging for supplies and recourses.

Sentinels will be used as a sort of robotic camels, ladden down with supplies.

The army will have a heavy influence of Engineseers with Servo automatas to help with the scavenging and identifying of bionic/robotic parts and supplies.


There are still lots of work with greenstuff left to work with but I feel that I have come so far that I dare to show of some of the work in progress pictures atleast.
Painting wise Im tinking about dark indigo blue turbans, maybe purple.
The dresses might have a grey colour or maybe sand yellow colour or it will be the same colours as the turbans.
The metalic parts, the bionic arms and so on will be iron metalics.
And Im thinking on including lots of brooches and its like in gold.

For the bases I wanted a dusted, sand themed desert base.
Maybe even experiment with a red iron-rust desert theme. That could be a nice contrast colour and its nothing I have ever experimented with.




 
 
 


 
 

 
 



The miniatures are a combination of GW Mechanicum troops and Elysians, Frostgrave Cultist, and turban heads from Puppetwars.
I will need to find more bionic parts and need to work with more greenstuff.







3 comments: