Tuesday 17 March 2020

Iron Hands delegatus, Horus Heresy



This weekend we are hosting a small battle of Tallarn themed game day of Horus Heresy here in Växjö, Sweden.
And to help out my friend Daniel I built/converted and painted a HQ for his Iron Hands army.

Here are some somewhat blurry pictures I took this morning.

I wanted to test out an idea I have had about a Iron Hands painting technique. I wanted to to test an almost black, petroleum-ish colour. Its somewhat hard to see on the blurry pictures.

I started on a base of metal and used layers upon layers of different colours of inks and washes, using different colours on different areas and then some layers spilling over them. I think I somewhat managed to achieve the result I was after.
But I think I would have done some small things different If I would do it again.

It was a fun experience and I hope that this model will gain glory this weekend.

The details on his face cant really be seen on the rushed pictures I took this morning Im afraid.







And just for fun I used some flourecent colours from Vallejo, if he ever plays in a UV lit game...



3 comments: