Wednesday 19 July 2023

40k megabattle aar

 


We had a 40k megabattle at the club to try out the new edition.
Some of the players had some games under the belt but for me it was the first game of the 10th edition.

I fielded my trusty Death Korps of Krieg for this game.
Each player were given 1000pts, I thought we had 5000pts on each side.

It was a great way to get a feel to lots of units from all the players and the basic game mechanics. I cant say that I can the rules now but at least I will understand what I read when I read the rulebook now.

The Death Korps is somewhat changed in this edition, in this edition you can have 2 or 3 special weapons if you skip the radio in a 10 man squad and you can have two squads combined and then attach a Command squad for additional special weapons.
So this feels somewhat different then previous edition of their rules.
But as I always previous played the Assault Brigade rules rather then the standard trench line hugging brigades this fits me perfectly.

I had a huge combined squad led by a Death Korps Marshal and a Platoon Command squad that hold its own against all odds i this game that was really impressive. Granted they didnt actually do anything, the enemy still took all that they could give and as they were Necrons they regenerated all of it but my Death Korpers still made me proud on this flank.















Eldar elite jetbikes makes short work of my lascannon teams.



It was a fun day and really fun to meet some other gamers and move some minis around, it feels like ages since I managed to get a game in.


No comments:

Post a Comment